Bio: Dr Sarah Hennessy MRCPI MICGP DCh DWH BMedSci
I graduated from UCD in 2006 with my medical degree (MB BAO BCh) and a degree in medical science (B Med Sci) I obtained my medical membership from the Royal College of Physicians (MRCPI) in 2010 having trained through various hospitals including St Vincent's University Hospital, St Michael's hospital, the Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Harold's Cross Hospice, St John of God's Stillorgan and CUH Temple St. I have achieved diplomas in 'childhood health' and 'women's health' both of which are special areas of interest to me. I have thoroughly enjoyed working as a GP since 2010 and became a member of the ICGP in 2016.
How to find us
Our premises is located on the ground floor next door to Shannon's Life Pharmacy in the heart of Templeogue Village. The clinic has been recently renovated to provide a most calm, comfortable and reassuring healthcare setting for all the family. (see contact page for map)
How to register as a new patient
When you visit Templeogue Village Medical for the first time we would ask you to kindly fill out our registration form with some of your details – allergies, medications etc. If you are a medical card patient and wish to transfer your care to Dr Hennessy we can fill out the appropriate form at the time of your visit. Any paper work that needs to be completed in relation to your previous files can be completed at this time as if you wish for your medical records to be transferred to the clinic we would need your signed consent for same.
Opening Hours :
Mon : 9.30 - 12.30 ; 14.30 - 17.30
Tues : 14.30 - 17.30
Wed : 9.30 - 12.30 ; 14.30 - 17.30
Thurs : 9.30 - 12.30 ; 14.30 - 17.30
Fri : 9.30 - 13.30
- General Consultation – €55
- Return visit (within 1 week for same complaint) – €30
- House visit – €90
- Student Rate (3rd level) - €40
- Family Rate – €50 for adult, €30 for 1st child, €20 for 2nd child
- Extended Consultation – €80
- Blood Test (private patient) – €30
- Blood Test and Consultation (private patient) - €70
- Cervical Smear – free to patients between 25-60yr
- Private Smear – €45 (+ €35 paid by card details on biomnis lab request form) = €80
- Flu vaccine – €25
- Pneumonia vaccine – €25
- Flu & Pneumonia vaccine together – €40
- B12 injection (only) - €10
- Enduring Power of Attorney – €55
- Passport signing – €55 note both parents (with their passports) and child must be present
- Driving Licence Medical (note not covered by GMS) – €30 for GMS, €55 for private patients
- Repeat Prescription (collection only) – €10
- Extended full medical (30 mins) – €90
- Letter/cert (collection only) – €20
- STI check – €90
- ABPM - 24 hour blood pressure monitor - €60
- Medical Report/Injuries board – €250
- Vaccines – price dependent on vaccine required, kindly enquire at reception:
o Varivax (chicken pox) – 2 vaccines required x 1/12 apart
o Men B – 2/3 vaccines required depending on age at start
o Hepatitis B – 3 vaccines required
o Travel vaccines – price dependent on required vaccine, please phone or email clinic for further details.
o Tetanus vaccine – given as combination diphtheria/tetanus
o MMR adult booster – €20 in addition to consultation charge
o Boostrix - "whooping cough" vaccine - €25 - advised for all pregnant women between 20-34 weeks gestation. Please note this vaccine is advised for every pregnancy even if the mum has received it on previous pregnancies. This boostrix vaccine covers an individual for whooping cough, diptheria and tetanus and is completely safe in pregnancy.
There are 2 spaces in front of the surgery door which may be used without a parking permit for patients solely for the duration of their visit.
- Parking in Templeogue Village requires parking tickets either at the machines (located either side of the road) or via “Parking Tag” app – region “SG”. There is a large public car-park located behind the Hollingsworth bicycle shop (coming from the tennis club side, turn right just after the bike shop and before the crossroads).
- NOTE: 30mins free parking is available in Templeogue Village – press the green button on the street parking machine and a ticket will print for 30 mins (only!) duration. Please note this can only be done once per parking session.
Appointments & Out of Hours Information
The clinic runs an appointment only service. We will always endeavour to provide an appointment as soon as possible but would ask for your understanding where this may not be feasible during busy periods. We will try to accommodate emergencies as best we can, kindly inform reception if there is an urgent issue that cannot wait.
- LukeDoc – Templeogue Village Medical is affiliated with LukeDoc – an out of hours GP co-op. The majority of GPs (including Dr Hennessy) in the surrounding area of St Lukes work in the out of hours co-op on a rota basis. All patients of the clinic are welcome to attend LukeDoc should an urgent medical issue arise in the evenings/weekends. LukeDoc is run by an appointment system, simply call 01 4065158 during opening hours to schedule this. LukeDoc is open Mon – Fri at 6-10pm; Sat/Sun and Bank Holidays from 10am – 6pm. LukeDoc is located at the St Luke’s Hospital site, Oaklands, off Highfield Road, Rathgar, Dublin 6.
- TLC-Doc - The clinic is also affiliated with TLC Doc which is an out of hours GP co-op located close to Tallaght hospital. All our patients are welcome to avail of the urgent care services offered at TLC doc at weekends & bank holidays (10-6pm) or midweek evenings (6-10pm) where they will be seen by local GPs operating on a rota system. This is by appointment only on the following number: 1890 202 224, more details available at tlcdoc.ie.
- Doctor on Duty – Should an urgent medical issue arise outside of LukeDoc’s opening hours kindly phone “Doctor on Duty”. This is an out of hours service that will arrange for a doctor to see you in your home. Phone: 01 4539333.
- House-calls – Should an issue arise whereby a patient feels that a house-call is necessary we would ask that they contact the clinic as soon as is possible. Ideally consultations should occur in the clinic wherever possible due to availability of equipment/medical records etc. Where this is not feasible and a home-visit is essential we will endeavour to provide same if at all possible or else will arrange for another doctor to make a house-call.
Medical council guidelines and best practice would dictate that a patient should be reviewed by their doctor on a six monthly basis for renewal of repeat prescriptions. A patient should therefore schedule a consultation ideally within a few weeks of their prescription expiring. Only on an emergency basis may a short prescription be issued for collection to cover an individual for a brief period to avoid any medication doses being missed; a €10 charge will incur for this. Routine repeat prescriptions may be requested by email/paper form at reception and we would ask that 24 hours be allowed for collection.
Sick certs (both private letters and social welfare) should be issued whenever possible at the onset of the illness or at first consultation related to same. On occasions certs will need to be issued for a longer period of time and they can only be given out on a weekly basis for the week they are for (i.e not in advance). We would ask (when possible) that a patient would ring reception and request their cert the day before it is due for collection so there will be no delay on their arrival to collect their certs. For protracted work absences we are obliged to regularly review patients for the issue of ongoing social welfare sick certs.
A full medical card entitles patients to free GP care and free prescription medications. The majority of medical services are provided under the GMS scheme however there are a number of aspects of patient care that are not paid for by the HSE GMS scheme and therefore a charge will incur for the following:
- Medical examinations or reports for legal purposes.
- Examinations relating to insurance policies.
- Examinations relating to fitness to drive including eye test.
- Pre-employment examinations.
- School entry examinations.
- Examinations in connection with fitness to take part in sports.
- Some vaccinations.
- Some family planning services.
- Screening tests; including well man, well woman, cholesterol testing.
- Full medicals.
- 24 Hr Blood Pressure Monitoring.
- Medical Card Review forms.
- Non essential blood tests (e.g. 3 monthly cholesterol tests)
- Warfarin testing (Free HSE Clinic Alternative Available).
- Wound dressing (Free HSE Clinic alternative Available).
- Non Social Welfare form completion.
- Support letters.
- Private Sickness Certificates.